1st meeting: 03 - 05 Dec 2008, Benidorm, Spain
- Moderation: Aurea González
- Secretariat: Dianne Fournier
- Attendees (12): France: Dianne Fournier, Louis Marie Piron, Jean Vuillard; Netherlands: Henk van der Kamp, Arjen Sandersen; Romania: Bozieru Lacramioara, excused; Spain: Áurea González, Carmen Luna, Pilar López; Silvia Berenguer; Claudia Wright; Roberto Díaz Sweden: Thomas Strandqvist, Mats Wold, Mary Anne Horton, Peter Olsson.
The agreements made at the 1st meeting were included into the List of tasks, expected results and achievements, where they can be observed, together with their respective follow up.
- 05 December 2008: All schools check the e-mail addresses to improve communication among them.
- 15 December 2008: The Conference Team writes the questions for the second questionnaire so students can determine what impact their habits on water management have on the environment. These questions are to be sent to Romania who is to coordinate the final form with Spain before it is sent back to partners; Lacramioara (Romania).
- 18 December 2008: The Swedish school checks the questionnaire´s accuracy; Mary Anne (Sweden).
- 19 March - 24 April 2009: The questionnaire is sent to the schools; Coordinators & teachers.
- Before 19 December 2008: Coordinators and teachers form 12 groups of 5 to 8 students, each with a group leader who is responsible for sending information by mail to the other groups in the partner countries. The aim of the groups is to answer the questions in point 5 below, giving specific consideration to the potential water risks already identified in the first questionnaire, i.e. [the 5 themes identified]
- freshwater shortage,
- sea level rise,
- expansion of desert areas,
- river flooding,
- shrinkage of glaciers.
- 27 March 09: Each country first of all completes its study of local issues before sending its findings to the group leaders in the partner countries by email; team leaders of all schools.
- 05 Dic 2008: Participating schools agreed to the following meeting dates:
- France: 13-17 May 2009
- Netherlands: 30 Nov - 4 Dec 2009
- Sweden: April - May 2010
- 15 January 2009: Spain sends a questionnaire about the December Meeting in Spain to all attendees.
- 31 January 2009: Sweden sends information to all schools in January 2009 about the contest for those schools eligible for the title: “The best water institutions”.
- 16 February 2009: Spain sends a check list to all schools for self-evaluation on the activities and commitments every school has in the project.
- 17 April 2009: Finding common environmental issues. Schools (Group leaders) answer these questions and final conclusions are put on the blog: “What are the common water issues in Europe?” and “Which major issues are specific to each country?”
- 24 April 2009: Questionnaires are completed before being sent to Sweden; Coordinators.
- 01 May 2009: All schools send notes to Spain on how the project has been integrated into the schools´curriculum.
- 06 May 2009: Questionnaires are analysed by Sweden and results are sent to partners; Coordinators.
- 10 May 2009: Schools update the information on their work progress on the blog before the meeting in France; Coordinators and teachers.
- 13-17 May 2009: Meeting in France: Each school prepares the conclusions of its teams´ work related to the impact the topic they are dealing with has in their own country. This will facilitate the findings of common European water issues that may be the starting point for choosing the aims of the project for the academic year 2009-2010; to be done during the meeting in France by students and coordinators.
5 y 13 Nov 2008: Tres centros educativos de Benidorm se suman al Programa Comenius sobre gestión del agua
This article was published by GN - Grupo Noticias, Benidorm (www.grupo-noticias.com); it summarizes the intervention of the alderman Francisco Savall presenting the Comenius Programme.
This article was published by canfali marina baixa; it summarizes the Comenius Programme.
8 Dec 2008: Alumnos del Programa Comenius visitan la ciudad
This article was published by GN - Grupo Noticias, Benidorm (www.grupo-noticias.com); it mentions the visit of students from other European countries to Benidorm.
Dec 2008: Finalizan las jornadas del Proyecto Comenius con un balance positivo
The following text was published in the digital newspaper of the Internacional College Lope de Vega and summarizes the first gathering of the Comenius Programme participants, December 3-5, 2008, in Benidorm, Spain.
La pasada semana nuestro colegio ha sido el escenario de un intercambio cultural de jóvenes de cuatro colegios europeos. Enmarcado dentro del proyecto Comenius, han estado en nuestro colegio profesores y alumnos de Holanda, Francia y Suecia. Durante su estancia se han llevado a cabo una gran cantidad de actividades, tanto lúdicas como relacionadas con el proyecto. Este proyecto W.A.T.E.R. (What Are The Environmental Risks), está dirigido a concienciar a los jóvenes sobre los peligros medioambientales que conlleva la mala gestión de los recursos hídricos y ayudarles a adquirir actitudes que favorezcan los buenos hábitos medioambientales.
Durante la semana los alumnos de los diversos colegios en colaboración con los alumnos de nuestro centro estuvieron trabajando en un Blog en el cual exponen sus trabajos realizados y sus experiencias. Asimismo todos los grupos hicieron presentaciones de PowerPoint, cada uno centrándose en un aspecto relacionado con el agua. A su vez, los profesores acompañantes tuvieron diversas reuniones con nuestra directora, Dña. Aurea González, y con Carmen Luna, encargada del proyecto del colegio, en las cuales debatieron sobre los objetivos y las actividades futuras que llevarían acabo dentro de este proyecto.
Pero no todo fue trabajo, sino que también se realizaron varias visitas a lugares emblemáticos, de los cuales cabe destacar la visita a Valencia y al Ayuntamiento de Benidorm. En ambas ocasiones los alumnos aprovecharon para conocerse más y descubrir las similitudes con jóvenes de su misma edad procedentes de otros países.
A pesar de haber acabado esta semana llena de maravillosas experiencias, el proyecto Comenius acaba de comenzar. A partir de ahora, los alumnos implicados, continuarán trabajando en el blog y seguirán en contacto a través de Internet. De esta manera el proyecto continuará en marcha hasta el 2010, combinando el intercambio cultural, con la conciencia medioambiental y el uso de nuevas tecnologías.
2nd meeting: 13 - 17 May 2009, Bourg-en-Bresse, France
- Aurea González
- Silvia Berenguer
- Roberto Diaz
- Mary Anne Horton Soderberg
- Mats Wold
- Paulo Duarte
- Henk Van de Kamp
- Arjen Sanderse
- Dianne Fournier
- Jean Vuillard
- Nicholas Frew
Agenda for phase 3: "Presentation : what are the effects of global warming on water management?"
As before, 12 groups in each country will work on the creation of a powerpoint presentation. Each country is free to choose the means of introduction of this subject which builds on the work done in phases one and two. The students will be encouraged to consider geographical, political, social and economic aspects of global warming.
3rd meeting: 30 Nov - 04 Dec 2009, Åkersberga, Sweden
Upload more photos at: http://picasaweb.google.es/SwedenMeetingComenius and enter as user SwedenMeetingComenius and the password send to you. Good luck!
Minutes of agreement & deadlines
Phase 4 - What are the solutions to the effects of global warming on water management from a geographical, social, political and economic point of view?
- All 12 groups in each partner school should be aware of the effects of global warming from a geographical, social, political and economic point of view that were presented by the bilateral groups in Stockholm, Sweden on Dec.3, 2009. These PP presentations can be found on WIKIdeVEGA.
- All 12 groups in each partner school will propose global solutions to these problems and finally present one document of proposals from each school to the Wikidevega.
- Each student in the partner schools will create a personal account on the Wikidevega. (see “Wiki in plain English” on Youtube for instructions....but also Help and e.g. our own video about Login into WIKIdeVEGA - added by Horst Salzwedel.)
- During the spring term all students will be encouraged to comment on and contribute to the contents of the proposals and solutions posted on the Wikidevega at least 3 times. The aims of this phase of the project are to have the students interact with other students outside the classroom. They can accomplish this by commenting and contributing to the Wiki from a critical and productive perspective. The invigilator, Horst Salzwedel , will report weekly on students’ comments which will enable teachers to monitor their students’ contributions. Any/all misuse will be noticed by the invigilator and reported to teachers.
- When writing comments all countries will use different colour type/print.
Remark: For the sake of better readability of the contributions it is suggested to use coloured text boxes instead of coloured text e.g. for comments and observations,
and adapted usernames tagged with the respective country flag, like: --Horst Sz DonLopeWiki, for modifications of the original text.
- The final summary of the proposed solutions will be presented by the students. Time will be given to the coordinators during the conference to write the final official report.
Unofficial interim meeting, 29 - 30 Mar 2010, Benidorm, Spain
4th meeting: 25 - 29 Apr 2010, Zwolle, Holland
Meeting results Zwolle
- Map of Zwolle and locations important for the meeting
- Presentations by the students on Apr, 27th
- Agreed Comenius Interim Programme Sep 2010 - Apr 2011
- Abstract of Final Report - still to come
Preliminary schedule as agreed upon during the 3rd meeting in Sweden
- Sunday 25 April: Arrival
- Monday 26 April
- Students prepare their presentations
- Evaluation of phase 4 of the project
- Final summary of the project
- Final report (Coordinators)
- Tuesday 27 April
- Students give their presentations
- Continuation of Water Management project during 2010/2011 (see below)
- Preliminary talks about new application (see below)
- Wednesday 28 April: Cultural day
- Thursday 29 April: Departure
Water Management project during 2010/2011
- New classes in each country work with the W.A.T.E.R project step 3 and 4 on a smaller scale (no funding)
- The results will be presented on Wikidevega ( www.wiki.lopedevega.es )
- Final presentation in France April/May 2011
Preliminary talks of new application
- Date for a preparatory conference in Spain: November 2010
- New partner schools (see TO DO below)
- Topics (see below)
- Application to be submitted in February 2011
* Invitation of new partners (2 persons/school) ** First choice: Holland contacts Romania and Spain contacts Turkey ** Second choice: Spain contacts Germany ** Third choice: Italy will be contacted * Ask students about new topics. Proposals: Migration, health, alternative energy