Solutions to the effects of global warming on water management from a social point of view...proposed by
Group 4 is conformed by: Marta +, Marta M del Colegio Almadrava
Reduced consumption of plastics and use of equipment low energy
Still in a pre-scientific attitude, giving consideration to the center of the universe.
some distinguished journalism have scoffed, initiatives to reduce use of plastic bags.
Plastics are present in all corners of the planet, not as a service to our material comforts, but as a pathogen. Millions of animals die from plastic or the same among their entrails. If we clean the seas from plastic, there is no money in the world to carry out such logical purpose. We applaud those who have begun to reduce this huge enemy of life.
The same can be said about a few bulbs that should not be there, burning in the air for a couple of decades. It will be slow, incremental but at least we started. To our knowledge the final day of his disappearance is another reason to rejoice. Because his was 95% inefficiency. The recoil than incandescent lights gave was doing shake the very air we breathe.
Responsible use of computing resources
We consider this point important given its widespread use in all areas and therefore at this point we can also take steps to reduce the environmental impact they produce.
- Change server. Trasladar server activity of 15-20% to 80-90% utilization can work better by using the same energy profile.
- Turn off unused servers
- Use energy-saving techniques as applied to today's laptops. Schedule for servers operating at a speed lower than normal for energy REDUCTION.
- Optimize applications that operate from the data center.
- "Maintenance can improve the efficiency of their abilities by changing the distribution and configuration of equipment to reduce cooling of the same.
- Seek innovative technological applications. As an example, interrumpores that dim automatically, which can save up to 40% of electricity, programmable thermostats to normalize the temperature when buildings become vacant, and so on.
The advantages of consuming less electricity, reduce structural costs and carbon in the atmosphere, which is good for the planet.
- Keep your tires inflated. Half Load tires spend more energy.
- Check your car regularly. Oil and filters in poor conditions reduce engine efficiency.
- Do not load your car too much. Overburdening increases energy expenditure dramatically when you move your vehicle.
- Keep car windows closed to reduce energy consumption. Especially when you travel by road.
- Turn off your engine if you stop for more than half a minute. The ignition of the car spends less power.
Reducing the environmental impact that a building can have on the environment and its inhabitants pass by fully optimize the materials and resources used both in the manufacturing or the construction phase of buildings, to implement solutions involving a savings natural resources and means, by considering more efficient envelopes that the building be self-regulated and less dependent on expensive facilities and, finally, to rethink the design of housing to respond to real needs of users.
- Optimal orientation to take advantage of natural light and gain extra heat, depending on the weather.
- Isolate is essential in order to lower energy consumption and prevent irresponsible use of heating and cooling systems.
- Walls with thermal inertia, so that the heat that accumulates in your body can accumulate on the walls and floor, helping to maintain a stable internal temperature. Is achieved, for example, walls with insulation sheet located on the outside, with stone floors, mud or concrete...
- The ventilated façade is a second skin that protects the main envelope is directly exposed to external aggressions.
- Natural ventilation. Cool interior with cross ventilation, windows on opposite walls, especially in the north-south axis in combination with ceiling windows, you get to draw the hot air accumulated in the higher areas, through the chimney effect.
- Regulatory climate, as eaves, porches, umbrellas, awnings. Cast shade in summer without jeopardizing the benefits of winter sun.
- Natural cooling. Keep the house cool and oxygenated. As an example, slats of wood, stone pavers or slabs seated on beds of sand.
- Sustainable reforms. Sustainable construction can be summarized in three terms, reduce, conserve and recycle. Therefore, housing reform is sustainable. Redistribute the space to gain natural light, make better use of surface or win, for example, a workspace is to make efficient use of available resources, preserving everything that is salvageable and need not be replaced.
- Natural lighting. Extending the hours of daylight to lower the power consumption and achieve healthier environments.
- Surface adjusted according to actual needs of each. The question is not wasted on areas that are rarely used as corridors, entrance hall, bathroom or bedroom. It spends less on energy and maintenance.
- The distribution of space and its location directly affect energy expenditure. Thus, the areas located south day spend less on electricity or heating. In the case of wet rooms should be centralized to optimize the facility and prevent losses.
- Less compartmentalized interior. You save on materials and resources, and the floor space and natural light to best advantage. Distribute day environments (kitchen, dining room, is) as a unique area. Focus on a room's clothes throughout the house (to save space and useful furniture in the bedrooms), compact multifunctional furniture storage in the kitchen.
- Work dry. Allows flexibility of uses for the internal divisions that are assembled using dry with mechanical fasteners, thereby facilitating disassembly and generates less debris. For the interior of the structure can be channeled and incorporate isolation facilities.
- Save water. Recycle grey water from sinks and showers and rainwater recovery are two measures that can be used to supply those needs of the house that do not require potable water. Reduction devices in taps, showers and tanks also reduce water consumption.
- Materials friendly environment. For example, those coming from the recycling or arising out of renewable and plentiful, as wood. Variety that are closest to reduce transport or low-energy in its manufacture.
Use of cleaner fuels
The bio-petroleum is a fuel derived from biomass, whether plant or animal biomass, ie from any oil that can be achieved by transforming fuel. In the fuel use of this material it generated some greenhouse gases, but in the manufacture of this material. For their manufacture do not have to occupy large areas for cultivation of plants, because you can work in multiple dimensions, since the important thing is to see the light of the sun.
The function of this product is replace oil when this is over, and they serve the same when dealing with fresh oil. It is called so because oil is formed from all these micro algae that has been in seas, lakes and other times very productive in the history of the earth, that may have formed and have become what we know now as oil. But in the bio-petroleum what happens is they do not expect those thousands of years to form, but obtained directly from the bio-petroleum.