Solutions for the social aspects
Problems and solutions
Many cities will be under water when the sea level will rise. This means that we have to unite with other countries about where the affected people and countries shall move. At some point, people affected by such things as rising sea levels, flooding, increased heat and drought, ought to move some cities will also be surrounded by desert since the climate will change. And people will be affected by this. They might be forced to cross borders, and they will probably move to places which are already crowded, such as cities and bigger villages. Countries where it occurs immigration will have to accept this, and in some cases change their immigration politic radically, to avoid overcrowded cities one solution could be making people, immigrants and habitants, spread out, away from the cities and out on the country, forest and deserts, to keep an acceptable living standard for everyone. But before people will be able to settle down in those areas, such things as health care, education opportunities and remedy of law and order facilities will have to extend. The construction of these communities will also create a lot of work opportunities, which is really good if more people is coming.
Lakes and other fresh water supplies will dehydrate and disappear.
- We have to prepared and maybe save them so they don’t drought.
- Sandstorms will cause disasters so we have to build houses and other buildings that can resist eventual sandstorms,
- The fresh water will reduce which lead to that more spreading of waterborne diseases
- Since people will loose their jobs they will get less money so we have to have a solution for those people. So we have to come up with new jobs or give them some kind of support for the eventual poverty.
- Some fishes will also disappear and die out since the water temperature will rise, this could be a disaster for countries as Portugal and Japan that eats a lot of seafood.
- When people move away from the ocean they will meet other people with other culture and religion. This could also be a disaster since many wars today comes up because of different religions. So today will have to learn to respect other religions and cultures.
- Some people will may also have to move away from their family and friends, which in most cases leads to depression.
- Because of flooding crop fields will be destroyed and this may lead to starvation for many people. This means that we have to come up with a solution for new kind of food and solutions to create more food.
Solutions to this problem are to first of all to reduce the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere that causes this heat increasing. To do this we need to stop or reduce the use of fossil fuels. You can do this by walking or taking the bike when you’re going somewhere, or you can take the bus or at least carpool. We will also need to find big spaces for people to live and find ways to prevent the flooding and protect islands to get covered by water.
Now, what is it really that causes the global warming? Studies have shown that 80% of the global warming is caused by our emissions and another 20% of deforestation that is not compensated. These 80% of emissions is caused by plenty of factors as car driving, industry and many else.
So the solution that will have the best effect and help us the most to reduce carbon-dioxide is to come up with some new energy sources and stop deforest our forest and especially the rain forest.
By: William, Richard, August, Olof, Nora, Kajsa, Emil